About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2008

Duffy - Warwick Avenue

Album: Rockferry

When I first heard this song, I didn’t think too much of it. I thought it was a decent slow song effort by Welsh singer, Duffy, who has a hit with “Mercy” on the radio right now. But I saw the music video and it gave me chills. The music video is so simple, but says so much about the song. Originally the music video was supposed to have bunch of different shots, one of them being Duffy sitting in the back of the car singing. She was singing the song, and somehow became emotional and tears started pouring out. The director told her to keep going with it, and they decided to throw out the original plan of the video and just use that single take from the beginning to the end. I thought it was brilliant. Check out her video here.

1 comment:

Way said...

this is my favorite song of this group. i'll have to check out her other songs