About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2008

The Last Shadow Puppets – The Age of the Understatement

Album: The Age Of The Understatement

Love the name of the band, the album title, cover, and the song. The Last Shadow Puppets is a side project of Arctic Monkeys’ Alex Turner and The Rascals’ Miles Kane. They decided to make an album using 22-piece London Metropolitan Orchestra, and it sounds like any songs from the album could be used on James Bond film. The album was #1 in the UK.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

this song and its beats remind me of Japanese superheroes themes. particularly my childhood favorite: Space Sherrif Gavan!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qokgtAoja0Y

JW said...

> Kristi,
Hahahahaha. That's hilarious. I think I might've watched that show growing up, too. Now I have "Gavan! something something Gavavn!" stuck in my head.