About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2008

Lil Wayne - Lollipop /ft. Static Major

Album: Tha Carter III

Personally, I don’t think this is anything that great. Lil Wayne, aka Weezy has done so much better, but I guess the mainstream America loves it because it has been on #1 spot for five weeks now. Lil Wayne uses the vocoder (made famous by T-Pain) on the entire song, which I find it a bit annoying. The album image follows the similar style of what Nas did for Illmatic and Notorious BIG did for Ready to Die. Blender music magazine recently asked Lil Wayne who he thought was the best rapper dead or alive, other than him, and he named Biggie, Jay-Z, Bun B, Cee-Lo (of Gnarls Barkley) and Scarface (he stated that he was never that into 2Pac).

1 comment:

Malc said...

Damn!

He is really cool! the best rapper Alive! I do like him, and now he's over 18 his body really makes him super Rapper!

Lil Wayne Sexy Pics