About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2008

Pennywise - The Western World

Album: Reason To Believe

Although Pennywise has been around just as long as The Offspring, and they both have the similar California pop-punk-rock sound, they haven’t enjoyed the similar mainstream success the Offspring has had. Still, Pennywise has a strong indie following (especially in Japan). Their latest album, Reason to Believe has been getting some airplay on my local rock station (might be the first time hearing their song on this station), probably because they are playing alongside MGMT and Flobots for the station’s summer concert.

No comments: